What to Eat at...Chipotle
I love burritos. My husband got me into them when we started dating and since then I have been on the quest for a healthy but delicious option at a fast-food burrito joint. There are a million of them out there...but my favorite is Chipotle. The main reason is their mission "Food with Integrity". Read about it and you'll see why I think they rock!
Regardless...healthy, low-calorie options are still hard to find. You can be fooled! Chipotle makes it somewhat easy for you--you choose the wrap and fillings--it's make your own burrito, taco etc. The nutritional information is available online and itemizes each food. My tips:
1. The burrito bowl is the best way to go if you are looking to have meat and a few extras. A burrito tortilla has 290 calories. A taco tortilla has 90 (they are 1/4 the size).
2. Stay far away from the chips -- no matter what! One 4 oz. bag has 570 calories and 27 grams of fat.
3. If you are going to have a burrito--and by all means please do--lighten up on what you add to it. Choose either meat or beans, ask for light on the rice and load up on the veggies.
4. Choose guacamole over cheese--every time. The calories are a bit higher (50 extra) because avocados have more fat...but it's unsaturated healthy fat. Plus, Chipotle makes their guacamole fresh and it's awesome.
5. Salsa adds flavor without a lot of calories. Load up on it and enjoy!
Do you like this blog? Become a follower!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org