It's bound to happen. You are on a road trip, or running from point A to point B and you are famished. You need to eat...fast. Within a mile of just about anywhere you will likely find a McDonald's. Drive thru may be convenient but not always the healthiest. Here's my top 3 list--the good, the bad and the SUPER-bad.
Top 3 Healthy Choices
1. Hamburger - Who knew?! The hamburger at McDonald's is actually a great serving size and relatively healthy. Just 250 calories and 9 grams of fat. Add some cheese for another 50 calories and you are all set!
2. Premium Grilled Chicken Sandwich - 420 calories and 10 grams of fat. A great option for a fast meal that is tasty and healthy.
3. Egg McMuffin - If you are looking for breakfast this is your best bet. At 300 calories and 12 grams of fat, egg, Canadian bacon and cheese on an English muffin...y-u-m.
Top 3 Unhealthy Choices
1. Angus Deluxe - The commercials for these new sandwiches are very enticing. They even make them look healthy. Not so much. 750 calories and 39 grams of fat. Stay far away.
2. Chicken Selects Premium Breast Strips 5 piece - This is absurd. Five chicken nuggets have 660 calories and 40...yes 40 grams of fat. That is just about one third of an average person's recommended caloric intake. Crazy.
3. Vanilla Triple Thick Shake 32 oz cup - This should be obvious...but for those of you who don't think so here are the stats: 1110 calories, 26 grams of fat, 145 grams of sugar. So incredibly unnecessary. If you feel the need to have a shake--stick to 12 oz and save 700 calories or check out my favorite McDonald's treat.
Remember stay away from anything "Super Sized". If you don't know why...check out the movie, "Super Size Me". Pretty incredible stuff.
McDonald's also allows you to substitute apple dippers for fries. I know it might not sound as appetizing but a healthy sandwich, fruit and an ice cream cone sounds like a great on-the-go meal to me!
Do you like this blog? Become a follower!
Email me at email@example.com